2015 Yamaha SR400
Call for Price
Retro Cool. Built to Customize.
The new SR400 is a legendary classic that’s a kick to ride. With its retro 1970s styling and one of the best performing 399cc air-cooled engines, the SR400 embodies the true meaning of the saying “Everything old is new again.” Jump on, give the kickstarter a stab, and you will be on your way.
Everything old is new again: Unlike some retro bikes that are modern interpretations of older designs, the SR400 is an authentic living classic which has been constructed to virtually the same specification as the original model. With its air-cooled engine and twin-shock chassis, this timeless big single represents a return to motorcycling's core values.
Pure mechanical beauty: Start with a 399cc air-cooled 4-stroke single-cylinder engine with one intake valve, one exhaust valve, and one exhaust pipe – timeless simplicity. Add a slim chassis with a natural riding position that delivers sporty relaxed handling. What you get is an authentic design and pure mechanical beauty that makes the SR400 a true classic, from any angle.
Retro style with proven technology: The Yamaha SR400 has stood the test of time like no other model. It represents everything that is good about motorcycling. And the same core values that appealed to yesterday's motorcyclists are ready to inspire today's generation of riders who appreciate retro style with proven technology like fuel injection, high-tensile steel semi-double cradle frame that doubles up as an oil tank, plush suspension, and an easy-to-start air-cooled 4-stroke single-cylinder engine.
Just kick it and go: The big single has always held a special place in the hearts of motorcyclists but kick starting a big single can be a challenge. Yamaha engineers have made kick starting the SR400 a breeze using a decompressor and piston position indicator.
Built to customize: This timeless retro just oozes charm and authenticity wherever you look. And as the basis for creating your own café racer, bobber or street scrambler, the SR400 offers endless possibilities.
- The SR400 is powered by a 399cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve engine that produces a torquey, “thumper” engine character that makes it an absolute blast to ride.
- The SR weighs a mere 384 pounds and has a slim chassis and natural riding position with a low, 31-inch seat height. This combination makes for a machine that is well suited to both entry riders as well as experienced enthusiasts.
- Virtually unique among today’s street bikes, there’s no push-button starter. The SR400 is equipped with an easy-to-use kick starter as the only means of getting the engine running. That will draw smiles from old-school motorcycle fans and appeal to more modern motorcycle enthusiasts who value the allure of riding a motorcycle that stands out in the crowd.
- The Yamaha SR400 is the perfect motorcycle for both the custom bike builder and the rider who loves personalization. The SR is world renowned for its basis as the perfect platform as a Café or Street Tracker machine. Personalization and customization are limited only by the designer’s imagination.
- The 399cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve power plant with electronic fuel injection combined with the SR’s light weight makes for a very fun motorcycle to ride.
- Easy to start kick-starter is actuated through a handlebar mounted compression release that makes starting the SR quick and easy, with very little effort.
- The torquey, single-cylinder engine provides “thumper” appeal and engine character with a feeling of direct power connection to the rear wheel adding to the fun factor of the SR.
- Single-cylinder design is easy to maintain.
- Slim, narrow, double-cradle steel frame makes for a very compact body design for excellent rider maneuverability.
- 3.2 gallon fuel tank offers excellent touring range with an estimated 96 miles per gallon depending on the weight of the rider, passenger and any cargo.
- Compact 55.5” wheelbase makes for quick, light steering for fun riding when the roads get twisty.
- Front disc brake offers optimum stopping power.
- Chain final drive provides excellent power transfer to the rear wheel.
- Outstanding platform for personalization and customization.
- Type: 399cc, air-cooled SOHC, 2-valve
- Bore x Stroke: 87.0 x 62.7mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5 speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic; 5.9-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Swingarm; 4.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc brake, 268mm
- Brakes / Rear: 150mm drum
- Tires / Front: 90/100-18M/C 54S
- Tires / Rear: 110/90-18M/C 61S
- Length: 82.1 in.
- Width: 29.5 in.
- Height: 43.1 in.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.7 deg.
- Trail: 4.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.2 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 66.2 mpg
- Wet Weight: 384 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- SOHC, 2-valve
- 399 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 87.0 x 62.7mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic; 5.9-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm; 4.1-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc brake, 268mm
- Rear Brakes
- 150mm drum
- Front Tire
- 90/100-18M/C 54S
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-18M/C 61S
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 27.7 deg.
- 4.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.2 gal.
- 66.2 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 384 lb.
- 5 speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Liquid Graphite
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)